- Hypertension is the most common cause of stroke, coronary heart disease, artherosclerosis, and kidney disease in adults. The effects of hypertension can begin during childhood.
- It is possible to have high blood pressure for years without knowing. For this reason, high blood pressure is often called the silent killer.
- Children who have high blood pressure tend to be hypertensive as adults.
- Children with high blood pressure also often have other medical problems such as obesity, high blood lipids, and / or diabetes.
- Children with high blood pressure are more likely to have a definable cause for high blood pressure (such as kidney disease) than adults.
Facts about children and blood pressure
IPHA Annual Meeting Announcement
The IPHA annual meeting usually held at PAS has been cancelled. Members will receive a ballot and dues notice in May or June 2020.
10th Annual NAA Conference
NEW DATE: MAY 2021
Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa | Iowa City, IA
We regret to inform you that the NAA Program Committee has decided to CANCEL the 10th annual NAA meeting that was going to take place in Iowa City May 22-23, 2020, over growing concerns of the COVID-19 coronavirus. The tentative plan is to postpone the meeting until May 2021 in Iowa City. More details to come!