- Hypertension is the most common cause of stroke, coronary heart disease, artherosclerosis, and kidney disease in adults. The effects of hypertension can begin during childhood.
- It is possible to have high blood pressure for years without knowing. For this reason, high blood pressure is often called the silent killer.
- Children who have high blood pressure tend to be hypertensive as adults.
- Children with high blood pressure also often have other medical problems such as obesity, high blood lipids, and / or diabetes.
- Children with high blood pressure are more likely to have a definable cause for high blood pressure (such as kidney disease) than adults.
Facts about children and blood pressure
10th Annual NAA Conference
May 22 & 23, 2020
Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa | Iowa City, IA
The 10th Annual North American Artery meeting will focus on “Early Detection and Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease.
Click here for more details.
For more information on the 2020 NAA Conference, contact conference co-chair Gary Pierce at email@example.com or the conference management group, UI Center for Conferences at firstname.lastname@example.org.